Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Garden Design Week 2022

My favorite day is the 1st day digging into the dirt in my garden for the the initial pea seeds of the season. It is about 2 months away.  I am preparing for the 2022 Veggie garden, and will work on design through this week  Enjoying the pile of seed catalogs from my mailbox & the many choices.  

 

Big Change for 2022 is not having Tomatoes in the vegetable garden.   We have an issue and will
solarize to remove it in the garden.  

My garden has some outdoor residents.  This is one of them.  She eats my weeds in the lawn in the warm weather.  Her favorites are clover and dandelion leaves.  As an avid gardener, we have dealt with visitors for over 15 years.  We have a 7 foot seasonal fence around the vegetable garden to keep our veggies for the people not the outdoor guests.  as winter has set in here she is frequently uncovering some of my plants and enjoying the dead parts of them for her meals. Most are perennials which regrow from the roots every year so no permanent damage. We have a compost pile which is great for garden fertilizer every spring. 

 

 Black History Month

Maya Angelou.

 
http://mayaangeloufilm.com/
https://www.mayaangelou.com/

She was:  Shero, Poet, Leader, Activist,  and so much more. 


"I can be changed by what happens to me. 

 But I refuse to be reduced by it. "

 

 

 

Black Lives Matter 

We need to listen and be ready to stand with them.We have a local Black Lives Matter group in our city.  Free the People ROC is the group.  the FB page of the group

Free the People ROC
Black Lives Matter in ROC
The Group in my city is Free The People ROC
 I invite everyone to stand up, listen to others, be kind and speak up. 

#blacklivesmatter
#standup
#speakup
#listen  

We are in this together. Wear a Mask,  Stay safe,  Facts Matter, Science is REAL.


 Buy Local & Shop Small


 
My shop:  Panda Wear Website
Facebook:  PandaWire Facebook
Twitter:  Panda Wear Gems  
Instagram: Instagram


Why shop small?  For every $100 you spend at a local business,  $68 stay in the community!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment