Sunday, February 13, 2022

My Family

Valentine Memories

As we are in mid February, I have love and memories of a few family members who are no longer with me.  

As many of you know, I am an avid gardener.  My Father & his Mother both have birthdays the end of the month.  They showed me strong family, love & tolerance for all. 

This picture was taken many years ago at my family cottage near Alexandria Bay, NY.  you can see my Grandmother wth her tow oldest sons here.  It looks like a very successful day fishing on the St. Lawrence river.  I remember my father taking me out on that river as a child.    


My Grandmother loved gardening and her flowers were a show of her dedication to nature.  This was obvious at her home in the NE area is the city of Rochester & the summer home her husband build in the 1000 Islands in St Lawrence county. One of my favorite flowers in her garden was the Peonies.  She had both the pink & the white flowering plants.This is the pink flowering type in my backyard garden.  When they first bloomed here my only thought when I inhaled the intoxicating aroma was of Grandma.




As I enjoy planting my seeeds, I think of my family and the fantastic gardens at Grandma & Grandpa's house.  The Blackberries & Red Raspberries were always harvested by my sister & I.  Amazing that any of the fruits made it into the house by the color of our hands from the harvest of the super juicy berries.This is the view from the dock at the summer place several years ago.  The water lilies are wild there and inspired my backyard pond.  My waterfall sound takes me back to the cottage in the 1000 islands and many summer weekends with my father when I was a child.


Black Lives Matter

I know my father would support me in standing up for others.  His family emigrated to the US and he was first generation of his family born in the US. 
The BLM group in Rochester is

Free the People ROC
Black Lives Matter in ROC
The Group in my city is Free The People ROC
 I invite everyone to stand up, listen to others, be kind and speak up.  

#blacklivesmatter 
#standup
#speakup
#listen  

We are in this together. Wear a Mask,  Stay safe,  Facts Matter, Science is REAL.

More important this Black History Month!


Shop Small


Buy Local from the Artist
My shop:  Panda Wear Website
Facebook:  PandaWire Facebook
Twitter:  Panda Wear Gems  
Instagram: Instagram


For every $100 you spend at a local business,  $68 stay in the community.  

No comments:

Post a Comment