Monday, February 28, 2022

What is in your Earrings

 Earrings

Crystal on Surgical

What are the three main parts of an earring? 
  1. Beads
  2. Headpin
  3. Ear post or wire
The Beads (focal component )are likely why you picked the earring they are the largest part and most colorful element of the earring.  The Headpin is the almost invisible part that holds the beads.  The ear post is what connects the earring to your ear.  Most often I use Nickel Free Surgical Steel to connect to the ear.  Why do I use it?  It is the safest metal for ear wires (most non corrosive  type of stainless steel).  


 

 Metals

 
 I believe definitions are necessary and here are a few links for metals :

Silver                   Silver defined
Copper                 Copper defined
Nickel                 Nickel defined
Gold                    Gold defined

 

Surgical with silver & pearls



Metals are one of the main components in my work.  A brief overview of metals and their uses will help you to understand why I use sterling silver wire in so many of my designs.  

Type of metals used in jewelry:  aluminum, copper, gold, nickel, silver, & stainless steel. I have not listed all metals because the list is long.  This is such a broad topic, I could easily spend days writing many pages about this.  I will keep this brief and focused. 
 
Two of the metals many people react to are Copper & Nickel.   Jewelry Safety will be a future topic. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Black Lives Matter

 I invite everyone to be kind and support our sisters and brothers. Today is the last day of Black History Month.  We need to teach history accurately all year. 

Free the People ROC is the group in Rochester, NY. 
 
 


#bekind
#blacklivesmatter 
#stopasianhate
#standup
#listen
#lovewins
 


Buy Local & Shop Small



My shop:  Panda Wear Website

Facebook:  PandaWire Facebook
Twitter:  Panda Wear Gems  
Instagram: Instagram


Why shop small?  For every $100 you spend at a local business,  $68 stay in the community!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment