Monday, May 4, 2020

Garden Visitors in my Backyard



My garden has two visitors every year.  depending on their mood we may see them infrequently or often.  The mallard & his mate stop by usually 2-4 times and eat the tadpoles in my pool cover.  I guess being their snack stop is a good thing.



As a lapidary & jewelry designer I am inspired by the visitors and look forward to seeing them. The deep green of the mallard reminds me of one of my favorite gemstones, kambaba jasper.  It is seen here in this necklace set in sterling silver, Seeds of Kambaba.  Yes there are several names for many gemstones.  This is the name I prefer for this stunning gem. Want a special Mother's Day gift,  please reach out.  I have an extensive inventory.


Before on left, action on right side

Our second visitor is more of a resident. She lives under my in ground pool.  She is a cottontail rabbit.Amazing  has had a litter each year that we have seen for the past 5 years.  We were lucky enough to see two of the babies about two weeks ago. One was bolder than the other.  The  shy baby seems to stay in the backyard and runs for cover frequently.  Because of how tiny she is, often we do not see her.   I managed to get these  pics  on the pond walkway last Friday. Rabbits blend in easily as shown here.



Remember, for every $100 you spend at a local business,  $68 stay in the community.  We are in this together..

            Buy Local from the Maker 

My shop:  Panda Wear Website

Facebook:  PandaWire Facebook
Twitter:  Panda Wear Gems  
Pinterest: Pinterest 
Instagram: Instagram

Stay strong and know there are people if you need to talk.
 In NY OMH Emotional Support Helpline: 1-844-863-9314

more help:https://omh.ny.gov/omhweb/covid-19-resources.html

stay safe, flatten the cute, stay home during this cover 19 pandemic.

No comments:

Post a Comment