Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Welcome to Summer 2021

Summer is here in my Rochester, NY garden.  My berries are ripening and my tomatoes look fantastic.Always happy for the new harvest in the garden.  Homemade stir fry was dinner with the fresh snow peas from the garden. Tonight will be Enchiladas with the cilantro.  Plan to make some strawberry rhubarb sauce this week. 

The annual changes feel different this year.  With the pandemic restrictions lifted here in NY and the events beginning time seems to be speeding up.  I was excited and scared to have my Johnson & Johnson vaccine the first week of April.  Yes I am One and Done.  As a woman and small business owner, I felt it was a necessary step for me and my family. 

 

I had decided to not do live events for this spring or summer season. When I made this decision, the
restrictions were much tighter and the crowds were severely limited.  Fall & Winter events are up in the air right now.  My focus is on my family and my health first and foremost. 


This is a small Indigo tomato which we hope to enjoy next month.  it will be a blue tomato and they are delicious.  



This morning we had a new guest in the yard, as I enjoyed my morning tea.  The latest of the bunnies has come out ot hiding and spent several minutes dashing around the backyard.  Happy to see the little guy &  no he did not stay still long enough for a photo. 

 

Black Lives Matter

Free the People ROC is the group in Rochester, NY.  FB page  Free the People ROC


 

 I invite everyone to stand up, listen to others, be kind and be ready to support our sisters and brothers. 
#bekind
#blacklivesmatter 
#stopasianhate
#standup
#listen

 

 


The garden


About  two weeks ago, while I was laying mulch, I found this nest on the ground.  I forgot there are several types of birds that nest on the ground. When I found it there were eggs in it so I stopped where I was and walked away form the bed.  Over the next few days it appeared the nest had been abandoned. the eggs are gone and this is the empty nest.  The size is about 3 inches across and tall.  Any idea what type of bird made this? 

 

 

 

 Buy Local from the Maker

 


My shop:  Panda Wear Website
Facebook:  PandaWire Facebook
Twitter:  Panda Wear Gems  
Instagram: Instagram
 

Why shop small?  For every $100 you spend at a local business,  $68 stay in the community.


No comments:

Post a Comment