Friday, June 18, 2021

Father's Day Weekend

My father 



June has been a difficult month for me over the years. The anniversary of  my father passing away and Father's Day made it this way.  Melancholy about him not being here physically to share my life.  A plethora of things I would love to be able to sit down and talk to him about:  when I need his wisdom and advise, share my success, tell my good news to, & some many things.....  Family is precious, Count your blessings to still have your father in your life. 

 

 

 Here is a fantastic quote from Steve Irwin's daughter, Bindi Irwin 

"Dad is and always will be my living breathing superhero"


I am not saying I am sad for the whole month but it was really difficult to see the joy of friends when I was younger around Father's Day.  Yes I have fabulous memories and a few photos of him to cherish.  After his diagnosis with Cancer, he made sure to hug each of his children every day and tell us he loved us.  As I have written on this blog, many of my virtues and my strong character traits come from his fantastic example. My father led by example.  What I would give to have day with him now!?!?!    


 Black Live Matter

 
I know my father would support me in standing up for others.  His family emigrated to the US and he was first generation of his family born in the US. 
 
 I am glad we have a federal holiday for Juneteeth.  Is is a step in the right direction.  Please read this to learn more from Professor Price
 

Garden

First Snow Pea harvest is always a celebration.because the growing season has arrived.  The greens: kale, collards, mustard & lettuces are doing well.  Need to plant some radish seeds.  One crop that did not make it was the parsnips.  Glad to have a great supply in the fall at the Rochester Public Market. The tomatoes and tomatillos are full of blooms and have started to produce fruits.  (pics soon)  Harvested several heads of leaf lettuce this week.

This beauty on the left is a new clematis vine for the trellis.  The variety is  Rouge Cardinal. Hoping for it to be happy here.  We have several clematis which were here when we moved in.  The prior homeowners we active gardeners and discovering what we had was fun the first few years we were here.  Happy to remove some holly which were taking over the front yard.





Surprised and excited to have this old hybrid tea rose spring back this year.  The rabbit we have in our garden decided to start eating this toward the end of winter.  I pruned off the damage and am keeping the plant well watered this summer.  It will be protected this year with a wire cage to prevent further damage
 
The summer solstice is technically next week.  On Sunday night Summer begins.  There are many celebrations for the solstice.  Google it for one in your area.  I will greet the beginning of summer with joy this year for the family I have and the time I have with them. 
 
 
 
 

 Buy Local from the Maker

 
 

My shop:  Panda Wear Website
Facebook:  PandaWire Facebook
Twitter:  Panda Wear Gems  
Instagram: Instagram
 

Why shop small?  For every $100 you spend at a local business,  $68 stay in the community.


No comments:

Post a Comment