Monday, April 26, 2021

Joy in my Spring Garden

Backyard Garden


The joy of the wildlife in the gardens this week was felt deeply by me. We had the privilege of seeing the cottontails courting so that means baby bunnies or kits as they are called.  The snow last week did not stop my greens from persevering.  they are all ding well and I should have some small leaves to harvest end of this week or early next week.  I was able to be outside within 10 feet of this one while she was eating for a whole and then she decided to come closer to me.  Maybe she wanted to be featured on the blog this week.


This beautiful wooly bear caterpillar was very active in the garden this week.  Sunning herself on this rock and moving around quickly to find the right spot to spend time.  She will become an Isabella Tiger Moth.  Hardy to many cold climates they are frequently seen in the fall in my gardens. Not sure what they prefer to eat that I seem to have,: do like to have them in the yard.  Please not not to pick them up, the hairs on them may cause reaction on your skin.  sometimes they are in the veggie garden.  planted the snow peas this past weekend.  One of my favorite things is to eat the fresh ones right out o the garden.


What is a garden without flowers you ask?  two of my easy to grow perennials in the garden.  Forget me nots, Myosotis or scorpion grass & primrose, Primula vulgaris.  they are  greeting me & the warm sunshine in the backyard flower bed in the early morning.  Fantastic way to start the day is a walk thru the yard and smell the flowers with a hot mug of green tea.  Spent time laying some cedar mulch into s few of the flower beds to prevent weeds taking over the areas. This is easiest to do in early spring before the weed seeds germinate.

Black Lives Matter

Free the People ROC is the group in Rochester, NY.  FB page  Free the People ROC

I invite everyone to stand up, listen to others, be kind and be ready to support our sisters and brouthers.  

#bekind
#blacklivesmatter 
#stopasianhate
#standup
#listen

 

Buy Local from the Maker


My shop:  Panda Wear Website
Facebook:  PandaWire Facebook
Twitter:  Panda Wear Gems  
Instagram: Instagram

 

Why shop small?  For every $100 you spend at a local business,  $68 stay in the community.

This is my "diet" cupcake necklace.  Why not focus on what we want in a fun way?  great gift for the Mom who loves these or making them.  



No comments:

Post a Comment