- What is there that brings people to the show? Also need to know who the target of the show is. If it is a family event and you have very fragile $100 - 400 items it would not be a good fit for you. the draw - such as entertainment and food.
- What size crowd does the show normally have? This is another way to determine if the show has been around a while. First annual events tend to draw a small crowd and not be great for the vendors. Ask yourself if you have enough inventory for that size crowd.
- How many vendors are planned & what is the mix of types of media at the show? Examples of several media: floral, pottery, paintings, glass, sculpture, wood, photography, textiles, leather, jewelry, metal etc.
- Is it there a jury for acceptance? If not then the show would allow party plan merchandise and hand made items would not do well there.
- Have you been to the show? I always walk a show before I do it. I can talk to the vendors and see if they are happy and have been with the show for a few years. This is a great way to see how it is being run and if the crowd is happy.
Future Topics: Next week, I will post an update on the Women Build project for Flower City Habitat for Humanity. Another related topic, show booth layout or design. I would appreciate your topic suggestions.
My website: Panda Wear
My facebook: PW Facebook
My Pinterest: Panda Wear Art